phpMyAdmin is a free tool for managing the MySQL database. The program was written in PHP, and all activities with the database are carried out directly from the level of the web browser. phpMyAdmin offers a wide range of activities related to the database. To run the program it is required to have a server with PHP language support.
phpMyAdmin is released under the free license of the GNU General Public License and has an intuitive web interface. Among them, it is worth mentioning, among others, the ability to create, copy, delete and make changes to the name of the database, create tables, additional fields, and indexes.
Imports data from a CS and SQL file. Exports files to various formats, CSV, SQL, XML, PDF, and ISO. Allows you to administer multiple servers at the same time. In addition, it creates a PDF with a graphical layout of the created database, and also allows global search while editing the database.
The software is delivered with extensive documentation. In addition, users themselves have the opportunity to develop the Wiki knowledge base. To ease usage to a wide range of people, phpMyAdmin is being translated into 72 languages and supports both LTR and RTL languages.
phpMyAdmin is a mature project with a stable and flexible code base; you can find out more about the project and its history and the awards it earned. When the project turned 15, we published a celebration page. The phpMyAdmin project is a member of Software Freedom Conservancy. SFC is a not-for-profit organization that helps promote, improve, develop, and defends Free, Libre, and Open Source Software (FLOSS) projects.
- Intuitive web interface
- Support for most MySQL features:
- browse and drop databases, tables, views, fields, and indexes
- create, copy, drop, rename and alter databases, tables, fields, and indexes
- maintenance server, databases, and tables, with proposals on server configuration
- execute, edit and bookmark any SQL-statement, even batch-queries
- manage MySQL users and privileges
- manage stored procedures and triggers
- Import data from CSV and SQL
- Export data to various formats: CSV, SQL, XML, PDF, ISO/IEC 26300 – OpenDocument Text and Spreadsheet, Word, LATEX, and others
- Administering multiple servers
- Creating PDF graphics of your database layout
- Creating complex queries using Query-by-example (QBE)
- Searching globally in a database or a subset of it
- Transforming stored data into any format using a set of predefined functions, like displaying BLOB-data as image or download-link
- An error where a database is named 0
- If default not being shown then Fix for NULL.
- It is fixed for recent tables list
- This fix slow performance with table filtering
- Two-factor authentication (2FA) fails if the GD PHP library is missing
- Event scheduler toggle does not work
- ERR_BLOCKED_BY_XSS_AUDITOR error when exporting a table
- PHP 7.3 warning: “continue” in “switch” is equal to “break”
How to Install??
- Download ZIP file
- Log into your TYPO3 backend
- Go to the Extension Manager module
- Press the upload button on the top bar
- Select the ZIP file and upload it.
- Its Done, Enjoy!